Look, if you had, one shot
Or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?
I was bold but shy. Inquisitive but reserved. I was going to own that joint even though some days I was too scared to even step into the room.
I was a badass. 5 going on 6.
The thought of going intoxicated me. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to jump up and down in excitement or crawl in a corner and hide. It was my first shot at independence. My first break at being an individual.
What if they found out I couldn’t tie my laces? The only way I could even remotely pretend to was with those damn rabbit ears and everybody knew that was just a pre-schooler’s way of faking it.
Despite the fear, I don’t know what catapulted my little scrawny legs into that room, where my wise and loving teacher, Mrs. Zimms, used her patient ways, her words of kindness and her strength of character to build us up.
I look back at that shot. And I know I wouldn’t have learned to aim so well if I hadn’t been given it.
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime
I loved my shot. I loved that I was given such a great introduction into education by a woman who made me believe I could do anything. I wish every child had the same chance and the same opportunity that I had.
I also wish every adult had the chance to look back at a goofy picture of themselves like the ones below and smile at some silly memory of his or her childhood. A memory of a time when learning was fun, bullies didn’t yet exist and it was okay to be innocent.
Taking this trip down memory lane, however, brings me to something more fun. A contest where you can earn more money than I ever conceived of fitting into my piggy bank in Kindergarten.
But the beat goes on: da-da-dum da-dum da-dah.
To participate – just match the picture (with the assigned alphabet) to the blogger whose blog is listed below. What’s in it for you? Other than some fun (and it’s fun, promise), you can win an awesome $300 Amazon gift card. You can also get to know some of the bloggers listed here, if you don’t already.
Enter your answers on this form.
Participating bloggers, in alphabetical order:
Angela of Angela Amman
Angie of Angie Kinghorn
Deborah of Ask Doctor G
Robin of Farewell Stranger
Poppy of Funny or Snot
Leigh Ann of Genie in a Blog
Greta of Gfunkified
Jennifer of Jennifer P. Williams
Tonya of Letters for Lucas
Kiran of Masala Chica
Laura of Mommy Miracles
Natalie of Mommy of a Monster (and Twins)
Brittany of Mommy Words
Jessica of My Time as Mom
Kimberly of Reflections of Now
Tracy of Sellabit Mum
Elaine of The Miss Elaine-ous Life
Sarah of The Sunday Spill
Galit of These Little Waves
Kristin of Two Cannoli
Arnebya of What Now and Why
Kristin of What She Said
Alison of Writing, Wishing
Terms and conditions apply:
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- This contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.
- This contest is open from March 11 – 15, 2013 (closes at 9pm Eastern).
- Visit the link above, where you will be able to enter your guess for each blogger pictured. (All information will be kept private.)
- The person to correctly match all the faces with their blog will win a $300 Amazon gift card. The two other closest guesses will each win one $80 Amazon gift card.
- If more than one person correctly matches all the faces with their blogs, we will randomly pick a winner via random.org.
- If no one guesses all the faces correctly, the winner will be the person who made the most correct guesses.
- This is not a sponsored post. Prizes are paid for out of the participating bloggers’ own pockets.
- You CAN enter more than once!
- Winners will be announced week of March 18.